LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.Read Full Mission Statement
LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
Our volunteers speak at High Schools and Universities in order to raise awareness and promote the need for organ donation. We have cooperative programs with teachers and principals in the Long Island School System.
We provide current information (with respect to developments in organ and tissue donation, transplantation, medications, social issues, and finances) to transplant candidates, recipients, donors, and their families. We inform transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families about initiatives and protocols in the field of transplantation.
We provide support to transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to help alleviate the stresses and problems associated with the process.
We make the concerns and needs that affect the welfare of transplant candidates, recipients, and donor families known to federal, state and local government bodies. We also effectively communicate the views of transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to the general public.
We promote organ and tissue donation as an important social responsibility. We develop and support mechanisms to improve the availability of organs and tissues on an equitable basis to meet the needs of transplant candidates. is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
- LI TRIO Visits Lindenhurst High SchoolLong Island TRIO school speakers Allison Pohl McRae and Ruth Pohl, Dave Rodgers, and Bobby Seeback delivered presentations on the benefits of organ donation and transplantation to health classes at Lindenhurst High school on January 3, 2016.
- Legislative Update- Success--New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Signed Amendment To Lauren’s LawThe bill was delivered to the New York State Governor. In order to help urge the governor to sign the bill, we visited, sent letters and our written correspondence and phone calls were truly heard. The original amendment to bills- Senate- S5101-2015 and Assembly A7431-2015-Fixing Lauren’s Law passed while we visited the New York State Senate and Assembly.
- The Medicare Prescription Drug Savings ActThis bill permits negotiation of Medicare prescription drug prices. The Veterans Administration can negotiate Medicare prescription drug prices while Medicare is strictly forbidden from doing so at this time.
- Featured News
- Senator Kemp Hannon and Long Island TRIO- Save Lives
- LI TRIO Visits Lindenhurst High School
- JUNTOS -Together-- Organ Donation Action - Watch the video
- Transplant recipients at higher risk for death from cancer
- The BK Polyomavirus-Common cause for complications after kidney transplantation identified
- UPDATE: This proposal prevented the 52% increase in Part B Premiums that would effect about 15 million people
- Fall Open Enrollment Period- October 15-December 7
- New Yorkers Really Came Through on October 6th
- Legislative Update- Success--New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Signed Amendment To Lauren’s Law
- The Medicare Prescription Drug Savings and Choice Act
- Blood Pressure Goal- experts & government are changing their minds again
- Antibodies in blood can help predict transplant rejection
- Anya Pogharian, Montreal teen inventor, takes portable dialysis machine to the world
- UT Southwestern Researchers Studying Whether Gout Drug Prevents Progression of Kidney Damage in Diabetes Patients
- New kidney transplant system helps few but doesn’t address wait time gap
- Common ‘Heart Attack’ Blood Test May Predict Future Hypertension
- Artificial kidney will save millions of lives, scientists say
- Senator Peralta introduced legislation that would require certain state forms to allowing New Yorkers to enroll in the Donate Life Registry
- Guest Blog for LI TRIO-Healthy Eating
- Organ Donor List is Weakest in New York
- Organ transplant recipients more susceptible to deadly skin cancer
- Casey Introduces Legislation to Boost Organ Donation Research, Increase Awareness
- LI TRIO Legislative Update- 2016
- Editorial- Is It Time to Test Incentives to Increase Organ Donation-Sally Satel, MD
- Geographic disparities divide organ transplant world
- Chronic Kidney Disease Improvement in Research and Treatment Act
- LI TRIO's New School Speakers Program In Suffolk County
- Massapequa Freshmen Learn About the Gift of Life
- In NYS- new law eliminates surprise medical bills
- Jen Lentini's donor mom hears late son’s heartbeat, 18 years after transplant
- Modifications to Lung Allocation Score system have been implemented
- Improving the adult heart allocation policy
- Watch videos-real transplant documentaries and public service announcements, real people and heartfelt stories