LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.Read Full Mission Statement
LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
Our volunteers speak at High Schools and Universities in order to raise awareness and promote the need for organ donation. We have cooperative programs with teachers and principals in the Long Island School System.
We provide current information (with respect to developments in organ and tissue donation, transplantation, medications, social issues, and finances) to transplant candidates, recipients, donors, and their families. We inform transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families about initiatives and protocols in the field of transplantation.
We provide support to transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to help alleviate the stresses and problems associated with the process.
We make the concerns and needs that affect the welfare of transplant candidates, recipients, and donor families known to federal, state and local government bodies. We also effectively communicate the views of transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to the general public.
We promote organ and tissue donation as an important social responsibility. We develop and support mechanisms to improve the availability of organs and tissues on an equitable basis to meet the needs of transplant candidates. is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
- Living Donor Protection Act Signed Into Law in New York State- Great News!LI TRIO thanks Senator Kemp Hannon for being willing to listen to our ideas and concerns when we met in person in his office. Congratulations and thanks to all of the volunteers. “This law will prevent insurers from discriminating against an individual based on the fact that they gave the gift of life as an organ donor" Living donors will now be covered by New YorkState’s strong paid family leave laws."- Mike Sosna
- The Hearts For russ StoryAt the the annual event Hearts For Russ honors those who have given the gift of life through organ donation, the inspiring and strong organ recipients, and the transplant medical professionals who save countless lives. Hearts For Russ is pleased to have a strong relationship with Long Island TRIO, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation. Watch the video.
- Dave Rodgers led the LI TRIO Suffolk County Speakers Team presenting to 874 students at Harborfield High SchoolLI TRIO volunteers Dave Rodgers, Kelli Cutinella, Kathie Gerlach and Dan O'Neil joined Stephen Serie (football coach & gym teacher), Joan Gerardo (school nurse), Mike Potter (dean & health teacher) Sue Legge (gym teacher) and Rob Franco (gym teacher) while presenting to students at Harborfield High School.
- Featured News
- Northwell opens $26 million surgical transplant ICU
- tories/legislative-initiatives-2018 -National
- OPTN/UNOS Board adopts principles of geographic organ distribution
- NYU Langone Health launches new heart transplant program
- Watch videos-real transplant documentaries and public service announcements, real people and heartfelt stories
- Great News- LI TRIO friend and volunteer Beth Chapman received a kidney from her sister and both are feeling great
- Enrolled in registry? Update your registration information or add donation preferences
- As veterans die while waiting for organ transplants, Texans lead fight to fix VA policy
- Campus News: Professor Profile: Sophia Aidiniou-educating and training Health Education students about disease, transplants and organ donation
- Liver transplant surgical pioneer Dr. Thomas Starzl passed away
- Governor Cuomo Promotes Organ Donation Across New York State
- Write to your Senators- click here to find your United States Senator
- Find Your Representative in the United States House Of Representatives
- LI TRIO's School Speakers Program In Suffolk County
- New York State- ENROLLMENT DAY
- Mets legend Ed Kranepool needs kidney transplant donor
- US organ transplants set record in 2016
- France’s New Opt-Out Organ Donation System Is a Good Idea
- LI TRIO Member and Friend Receives Surprise Visit From Kidney Donor
- Guest Blog for LI TRIO-Healthy Eating by Marianne Bajor, RD, CDN, CDE-Transplant Dietitian
- Dave Rodgers led a special presentation at Harborfield High School
- New kidney transplant system helps few but doesn’t address wait time gap
- LI TRIO Visits Lindenhurst High School
- Antibodies in blood can help predict transplant rejection
- Geographic disparities divide organ transplant world
- Massapequa Freshmen Learn About the Gift of Life
- Organ transplant recipients more susceptible to deadly skin cancer
- Senator Peralta introduced legislation that would require certain state forms to allowing New Yorkers to enroll in the Donate Life Registry
- UT Southwestern Researchers Studying Whether Gout Drug Prevents Progression of Kidney Damage in Diabetes Patients
- Governor Cuomo signed A.8594/S.6228 which has extended Lauren’s law through year 2020.
- The New York State Senate passed important legislation and a resolution to encourage more New Yorkers to become organ and tissue donors
- Apple promotes organ donation with iOS, sign up as a donor from the Health app
- White House Summit: support for living donors and improving outcomes for individuals waiting for organ transplants
- In NYS- new law eliminates surprise medical bills
- The BK Polyomavirus-Common cause for complications after kidney transplantation identified
- UCLA Researcher's Pioneering Transplant Work Saved Countless Lives
- Saving Lives and Improving Health Care through Innovation in Organ Donations and Transplants
- February 14th-“Donor Day” in New York State- Senator Kemp Hannon and Long Island TRIO
- LI TRIO Legislative Summary Update- 2016-2017
- Common ‘Heart Attack’ Blood Test May Predict Future Hypertension
- Organ Donor Registry List is Weakest in New York
- The Medicare Prescription Drug Savings and Choice Act
- Casey Introduces Legislation to Boost Organ Donation Research, Increase Awareness
- Chronic Kidney Disease Improvement in Research and Treatment Act
- Legislative Update- Success--New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Signed Amendment To Lauren’s Law
- Jen Lentini's donor mom hears late son’s heartbeat, 18 years after transplant
- UPDATE: This proposal prevented the 52% increase in Part B Premiums that would effect about 15 million people
- Editorial- Is It Time to Test Incentives to Increase Organ Donation-Sally Satel, MD