LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.Read Full Mission Statement
LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
Our volunteers speak at High Schools and Universities in order to raise awareness and promote the need for organ donation. We have cooperative programs with teachers and principals in the Long Island School System.
We provide current information (with respect to developments in organ and tissue donation, transplantation, medications, social issues, and finances) to transplant candidates, recipients, donors, and their families. We inform transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families about initiatives and protocols in the field of transplantation.
We provide support to transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to help alleviate the stresses and problems associated with the process.
We make the concerns and needs that affect the welfare of transplant candidates, recipients, and donor families known to federal, state and local government bodies. We also effectively communicate the views of transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to the general public.
We promote organ and tissue donation as an important social responsibility. We develop and support mechanisms to improve the availability of organs and tissues on an equitable basis to meet the needs of transplant candidates. is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
- The New York State Senate today passed important legislation and a resolution to encourage more New Yorkers to become organ and tissue donorsSenate Majority Leader and Coalition Co-Leader John J. Flanagan said, Right at this moment, nearly 10,000 New Yorkers are waiting for that chance. The measures we passed today build upon the Senate’s commitment to raise awareness of organ and tissue donators and would be instrumental to helping more people live long, healthy lives.”
- Organ donation experts visit Health classrooms: Students learn about the benefits of registering to become an organ donorFor 15 years, LI TRIO-Long Island Transplant Recipients Organization has been visiting Schreiber and impacting students’ views on organ donation.
- 2016 Important Bill in Congress- The Living Donor Protection Act of 2016Prohibits life, disability, and long term care insurance companies from denying or limiting coverage and from charging higher premiums for living organ donors. Click to read the whole story.
- Featured News
- Dave Rodgers led a special presentation at Harborfield High School
- Lauren’s Law-Permanent Extension
- The New York State Senate passed important legislation and a resolution to encourage more New Yorkers to become organ and tissue donors
- Saving Lives and Improving Health Care through Innovation in Organ Donations and Transplants
- Find Your Representative in the United States House Of Representatives
- Write to your Senators- click here to find your United States Senator
- Presidential Proclamation -- National Donate Life Month, 2016
- Organ transplant recipients more susceptible to deadly skin cancer
- LI TRIO Visits Lindenhurst High School
- Guest Blog for LI TRIO-Healthy Eating
- UCLA Researcher's Pioneering Transplant Work Saved Countless Lives
- February 14th-“Donor Day” in New York State- Senator Kemp Hannon and Long Island TRIO
- In NYS- new law eliminates surprise medical bills
- Antibodies in blood can help predict transplant rejection
- Transplant recipients at higher risk for death from cancer
- Geographic disparities divide organ transplant world
- LI TRIO Legislative Summary Update- 2016
- The BK Polyomavirus-Common cause for complications after kidney transplantation identified
- LI TRIO's New School Speakers Program In Suffolk County
- UPDATE: This proposal prevented the 52% increase in Part B Premiums that would effect about 15 million people
- New Yorkers Really Came Through on October 6th
- Common ‘Heart Attack’ Blood Test May Predict Future Hypertension
- New kidney transplant system helps few but doesn’t address wait time gap
- Massapequa Freshmen Learn About the Gift of Life
- Senator Peralta introduced legislation that would require certain state forms to allowing New Yorkers to enroll in the Donate Life Registry
- Legislative Update- Success--New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Signed Amendment To Lauren’s Law
- The Medicare Prescription Drug Savings and Choice Act
- UT Southwestern Researchers Studying Whether Gout Drug Prevents Progression of Kidney Damage in Diabetes Patients
- Artificial kidney will save millions of lives, scientists say
- Organ Donor Registry List is Weakest in New York
- Casey Introduces Legislation to Boost Organ Donation Research, Increase Awareness
- Editorial- Is It Time to Test Incentives to Increase Organ Donation-Sally Satel, MD
- Chronic Kidney Disease Improvement in Research and Treatment Act
- Jen Lentini's donor mom hears late son’s heartbeat, 18 years after transplant
- Watch videos-real transplant documentaries and public service announcements, real people and heartfelt stories