LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.Read Full Mission Statement
LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
Our volunteers speak at High Schools and Universities in order to raise awareness and promote the need for organ donation. We have cooperative programs with teachers and principals in the Long Island School System.
We provide current information (with respect to developments in organ and tissue donation, transplantation, medications, social issues, and finances) to transplant candidates, recipients, donors, and their families. We inform transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families about initiatives and protocols in the field of transplantation.
We provide support to transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to help alleviate the stresses and problems associated with the process.
We make the concerns and needs that affect the welfare of transplant candidates, recipients, and donor families known to federal, state and local government bodies. We also effectively communicate the views of transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to the general public.
We promote organ and tissue donation as an important social responsibility. We develop and support mechanisms to improve the availability of organs and tissues on an equitable basis to meet the needs of transplant candidates. is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
- LI TRIO meetings with New York State Legislators- May 2015 Legislative Update• New York State Assembly Bill 7282- This bill is with regard to organ donation being taught to secondary school students.
• Senate- S5101-2015 and Assembly A7431-2015-Fixing Lauen's Law-click for more.
• New York State Senate Bill S5313 allows New Yorkers age 16 or older who wish to consent to donate the ability to enroll in the New York State Donate Life Registry, while preserving the parent's ability to give final authorization should the individual who is under 18 be considered for donation.
- The New York State Emergency Services and Surprise Bills lawThis New York State law helps New Yorkers avoid surprise bills and unexpected expenses for medical procedures and emergency services as it protects consumers and expands transparency to those who receive care from out-of-network physicians while at a participating hospital. Click for more.
- Update: The Living Donor Protection Act- HR 5263H.R. 5263 makes it unlawful for insurance companies to discriminate against living donors by declining insurance, terminating insurance, limiting coverage and charging higher premiums for life insurance, disability insurance, or long-term care insurance policies.
- Featured News
- The New York Health Act passed the New York State Assembly
- Concepts related to redesigning liver distribution-The OPTN/UNOS Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee is meeting on June 2
- Living donors form links in organ donation chains
- Organ Donors And Recipients meet on Long Island to share their stories
- Geographic disparities divide organ transplant world
- 2015 Chronic Kidney Disease Improvement in Research and Treatment Act
- Assemblyman Chad Lupinacci recently attended a meeting for the Long Island Chapter of Transplant Recipients International Organization
- LI TRIO Launches New School Speakers Program In Suffolk County
- Massapequa Freshmen Learn About the Gift of Life
- Jen Lentini's donor mom hears late son’s heartbeat, 18 years after transplant
- 2015 Modifications to Lung Allocation Score system have been implemented
- Improving the adult heart allocation policy
- CMS Finalizes Key Beneficiary Protections in Medicare Advantage & Part D
- Watch videos-real transplant documentaries and public service announcements, real people and heartfelt stories
- Health Care Proxy & Living Will- New York State and Other States
- Spain breaks its own transplant record
- 2015-Presumed consent organ donation in Wales Begins
- LI TRIO Participates In National Donor Sabbath
- Experts urge US to change organ donation policies
- Landmark’ results published for curing hepatitis C in transplant recipients
- Researchers Will Tackle Transplant Tolerance Using Patients’ Own T Cells
- New Box Improves Lung Preservation for Transplant