LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.Read Full Mission Statement
LI TRIO is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
Our volunteers speak at High Schools and Universities in order to raise awareness and promote the need for organ donation. We have cooperative programs with teachers and principals in the Long Island School System.
We provide current information (with respect to developments in organ and tissue donation, transplantation, medications, social issues, and finances) to transplant candidates, recipients, donors, and their families. We inform transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families about initiatives and protocols in the field of transplantation.
We provide support to transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to help alleviate the stresses and problems associated with the process.
We make the concerns and needs that affect the welfare of transplant candidates, recipients, and donor families known to federal, state and local government bodies. We also effectively communicate the views of transplant candidates, recipients and their families, donors and donor families to the general public.
We promote organ and tissue donation as an important social responsibility. We develop and support mechanisms to improve the availability of organs and tissues on an equitable basis to meet the needs of transplant candidates. is a non-profit all volunteer organization committed to improving the quality of lives touched by the miracle of transplantation through education, support, advocacy, and organ donation and transplantation awareness.
- Call To Action-Success-Your Voice Was Heard- July 2015 Legislative UpdateUpdate: The bill-Senate- S5101-2015 and Assembly A7431-2015-Fixing Lauen’s Law passed when voted on in both the New York State Senate and the New York State Assembly.
With special thanks to our friends and members of Long Island TRIO and others who worked on sending letters, writing emails and placing phone calls to our elected officials in New York State. Thanks also to Senator Kemp Hannnon, NYAD, TSO and LiveOnNY.
- The New York State Emergency Services and Surprise Bills lawThis New York State law helps New Yorkers avoid surprise bills and unexpected expenses for medical procedures and emergency services as it protects consumers and expands transparency to those who receive care from out-of-network physicians while at a participating hospital. Click for more.
- Update: The Living Donor Protection Act- HR 5263H.R. 5263 makes it unlawful for insurance companies to discriminate against living donors by declining insurance, terminating insurance, limiting coverage and charging higher premiums for life insurance, disability insurance, or long-term care insurance policies.
- Featured News
- Organ Donor List is Weakest in New York
- New kidney transplant system helps some but doesn’t address wait time gap
- Passing of our friend and dedicated LI TRIO volunteer George Tietjen
- Guest Blog for LI TRIO-Healthy Summer Eating
- Casey Introduces Legislation to Boost Organ Donation Research, Increase Awareness
- LI TRIO Legislative Update- June 2015
- Editorial- Is It Time to Test Incentives to Increase Organ Donation-Sally Satel, MD
- Call To Action-Have Your Voice Heard In Albany Via Email
- Senate- S5101-2015 and Assembly A7431-2015-Fixing Lauen’s Law
- Geographic disparities divide organ transplant world
- 2015 Chronic Kidney Disease Improvement in Research and Treatment Act
- Assemblyman Chad Lupinacci recently attended a meeting for the Long Island Chapter of Transplant Recipients International Organization
- LI TRIO Launches New School Speakers Program In Suffolk County
- Massapequa Freshmen Learn About the Gift of Life
- Jen Lentini's donor mom hears late son’s heartbeat, 18 years after transplant
- 2015 Modifications to Lung Allocation Score system have been implemented
- Improving the adult heart allocation policy
- CMS Finalizes Key Beneficiary Protections in Medicare Advantage & Part D
- Watch videos-real transplant documentaries and public service announcements, real people and heartfelt stories
- Health Care Proxy & Living Will- New York State and Other States
- Experts urge US to change organ donation policies
- Researchers Will Tackle Transplant Tolerance Using Patients’ Own T Cells
- New Box Improves Lung Preservation for Transplant